The AFL has a responsibility to grow our great game across the entire nation. It is widely acknowledged that community football clubs and leagues are the foundation of Australian football, and that the future growth of the game will depend on the strength and viability of community football. With this in mind, we are striving to assist community football clubs to enhance their operations for the betterment of football.
The concept of the Swisse AFL Quality Club Program is to provide an opportunity for all community football clubs to achieve a minimum standard of club administration and to recognise and reward clubs for achieving the base standard through to standards of excellence. Keeping this in mind, the program is designed to assist club volunteers meet minimum acceptable standards as easily as possible. It is anticipated that every community football club throughout the nation will already be implementing the practices detailed in this program to achieve Bronze level and that Silver and Gold levels become a target in the future.
BENEFITS TO CLUBS
Creating a quality environment at your football club will be of enormous benefit to your club as a whole and all of your members. Some of the benefits of being involved with this program include:
• Providing an atmosphere that will help to attract new participants, officials and members (and retain those you already have);
• Providing an environment that will be attractive to sponsors and help your club promote itself amongst the community and particularly to your local Council;
• Minimising many risks associated with running a sporting club;
• Creating a best practice guide for your current Committee and all future Committees; and
• Participating in a sport that can continue to promote itself as a leading sport where quality is valued highly.
Ultimately, the benefit of being involved in this program is to create a better club!
To learn more about the Swisse AFL Quality Club Program, click here
Win one of 50 iPads with 2014 AFL Live subscription for your club
All clubs who accredit or reaccredit at bronze, silver or gold level in the Swisse AFL Quality Club Program between 1st January 2014 and 1st July 2014 (12pm AEST) are eligible to submit 25 words or less on why their club would benefit from receiving an iPad with AFL Live subscription. Eligible clubs must submit their entry via email to email@example.com and include the following by 12pm (AEST) on 1st July 2014:
- Club Name:
- Contact Person:
- Contact Number:
- Why our club would benefit from receiving an iPad with 2014 AFL Live subscription (25 words or less):
The best 50 entries will receive and iPad with a 2014 AFL Live subscription.
Winners will be announced by 12th July.