What is it about?
The AFL Schools Ambassador Program (AFLSA) aims to resource, recognise and reward teachers who strongly promote the game of Australian Football. Importantly, the program aims to establish an alliance between schools and the respective state football bodies to develop and promote Australian Football in the classroom and on the sporting field.
Who can join?
Any AFL-passionate primary school or high school teacher can join. We are seeking an ambassador in every school in Australia and, depending on the school size, another AFLSA may be appointed.
What am I expected to do?
* Be strong promoter of Australian Football - especially how it can enhance learning outcomes for students
* Be a positive advocate for Australian Football programs in school
* Implement and promote AFL Education Packages in schools
* Professionally develop and support other staff members
* Ensure participation of the school in all Australian Football programs
* Be an active team member of football in your district
Support for AFLSA
• Polo Shirt, Computer Bag/Satchel, Footy Tipping Poster and Cards
• Curriculum Materials
• Professional Development
• Ongoing Assistance from state football body development staff
• Regular communications
Rewards and Recognition
All State football bodies reward and recognise AFL School Ambassadors in various ways. All Ambassadors have the opportunity to be nominated as the AFL School Ambassador of the year where each state/territory nominates two teachers and their partners/guests to attend an AFL finals series game in Melbourne and also attend an official AFL Function.
How do I become an AFL School Ambassador?
For more information please contact Andrew Knott – Andrew.email@example.com
2008 Bob Bevan (Lavington Public School), Robert Murie (Hill Sports High), Brad Lynch (Caroline Chisholm High School – Canberra)
2009 Travis Irvin (Parkview Public School), Travis Doyle (St Francis - Leeton) and Janine Collins (Weetangera Public School)
2010 Ben Robins (Belmont Christian College), Christian Macri (Mater Dei Primary School - Wagga) and Brad Lynch (Lyneham High School)
2011 Kellie Reinhold (Bishop Druitt college – Coffs Harbour), James Burgess (Wagga Public School) and Mark Armstrong (Erindale College – Canberra)
2012 David Corcoran (Gordon Primary School) Kim Lynch (Blackheath Public School) Belinda King (Randwick Public School)
Ambassador of the Year winners - All winners have won an all expenses trip to Melbourne to watch an AFL finals match