FIT Health Insurance
Private Health Cover Specifically Designed for Clubs and Players
In 2011, the AFL, the AFL Medical Officers’ Association, JLT Sport, other leading sports bodies and GMHBA, launched a new type of health insurance specifically designed for Australian community footballers and their Clubs.
FIT Health Insurance strongly supports the health and wellbeing of grassroots football players as well as their clubs and is the official health insurer of the AFL.
FIT Health Insurance has been designed specifically for community footballers and it is offering clubs and players:
1. Affordable, attractive health cover for Club’s players.
FIT pays higher benefits for things a footballer is most likely to use, picks up medical costs not covered by Club’s personal accident insurance (see table on the back of this letter) and provides cover for things the player and their family might need from their health insurance. For example:
- FIT pays higher benefits for knee arthroscopes, ankle, knee and shoulder reconstructions and for surgery to repair fractures to the collarbone, hand, wrist and finger
- FIT offers up to 90% back on physio, and 80% back on chiro, podiatry, sports psychology and massage expenses;
- Depending on the cover selected, players can claim back 100% of their Ambulance Subscription;
- FIT covers dental (including no gap dental check-ups up to annual limits) for the whole family and pays additional benefits for dental when a player’s teeth are damaged while playing Club football.
2. Money back for players.
Players joining FIT on a combined cover (excluding Base Hospital) by 30 August 2012 can claim up to $150 back towards their Club membership.
3. A fundraising opportunity for Clubs.
FIT will give Clubs substantial cash incentives, if players, trainers, families, sponsors and friends join FIT. Clubs will earn $2,250 for every 10 combined FIT hospital and extras cover memberships purchased. And, Clubs can continue to make money the more memberships they sell. FIT pays your Club an additional $2,250 for a further 10 members (and every 10 thereafter).
FIT Health Insurance has a community club e–pack available, providing simple and clear information on FIT Health Insurance and how clubs and players can best take advantage of its current offers. This e–pack can easily be forwarded for you to send onto interested clubs.
Alternatively, FIT can send hard copies of tailored materials which can be distributed and made available in Club rooms. FIT is keen to assist in helping you communicate the advantages of Private Health Insurance for footballers and the exclusive offers FIT is making available.
Please contact us directly on 1300 FIT 111 (1300 348 111) or visit www.fithealthinsurance.com.au to discuss the best method of communication that suits you.
Many grassroots football clubs organise Personal Injury Cover for their members. While this provides a great base level of protection, it is limited only to costs that cannot be claimed on Medicare, therefore leaving significant out-of-pocket expenses (gaps). It is therefore extremely important for grassroots football players to have private health insurance.