AFL NSW/ACT offers financial assistance to young people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) backgrounds to get involved in Australian football, where the cost of participating is prohibitive.
To establish if players are eligible for the subsidy, please read the selection criteria below:
- Players must be Multicultural or Indigenous
- Players must be between 5-18 years of age
- Players must be enrolled in club football
- Players need to demonstrate financial hardship
- Subsidy application forms must be submitted by a Club Representative
- Subsidies are available to players for up to three years - new applications must be submitted each year.
All application forms must be submitted by 30th June 2013
SUBSIDY PAYMENT STRUCTURE
AFL NSW/ACT will provide subsidies to individual players involved in Club Football for up to three years. The payment structure is outlined below:
- Registration fees (100% of the actual player fees will be reimbursed) + playing kit only
- Registration fees (75% of the actual player fees will be reimbursed)
- Registration fees (50% of the actual player fees will be reimbursed)
Please note: Uniform costs will not be subsidised after the first year. AFL NSW/ACT will only subsidise a proportion of the registration fees in year two and three. There will be NO reimbursement for other items including footy boots and other accessories.
PROCESS OF APPLICATION AND PAYMENT
To apply, applicants are encouraged to follow the process outlined below:
1. Download the application form by clicking here
2. Complete and send application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Each application will be reviewed by the subsidy committee
4. Successful applicants will be notified via email within 2-4 weeks of submitting the form
5. AFL Clubs will be required to provide a tax invoice (if successful)
6. AFL NSW/ACT will process payment once the tax invoice has been received
7. Subsidy payment will be deposited to the nominated bank account within 2-4 weeks
If you have questions or require further information, please contact:
Multicultural Program Manager - 02 8333 8024
- The subsidy application process will open on the 1st January 2013 and close on 30 June 2013.
- No applications will be accepted after the closing date except under special circumstances.